HTML/JavaScript

Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday Magic: Cookies, Cocoa & Crafts


I love hosting a party, and kids parties are my favorite.  So when Kenzie & Lexi asked me if they could have a holiday party for a few of their girlfriends from school, I was more than happy to oblige.  I found a cute invitation on the new Minted online invitation site, and we invited 8 friends for cookies, cocoa & crafts.  When I found gingerbread house kits at Ikea, which perfectly matched the theme of the invitation, I couldn't pass them up, so we ended up decorating gingerbread houses as well (although I was questioning my sanity when I was assembling 10 gingerbread houses after midnight the night before the party ;))  But seeing ten five year olds giggling and happily decorating the houses made it all worthwhile.  Holiday magic as seen through a child's eyes ...







We played a couple of games.  We attempted the "Night before Christmas" Right/Left passing game, but perhaps it is better for slightly older children as the girls never really got the hang of it and were really just interested in opening the Christmas Crackers (a British holiday tradition) :).


Pin the nose on Rudolph was a bit more straight forward, but honestly I think the girls had the most fun playing freeze dance & hide and seek.


The hot cocoa bar was a big hit!


By the time we got to the craft part of the party, I was too busy to actually capture any photos.  I really should have taken some "after" photos as these pictures all look so civilized, but when you get ten five year old girls together things can tend to get a little crazy ... at one point all ten of them were doing headstands and cartwheels in the foyer :)  It really was too cute, and I am kicking myself for not capturing it.


Such a fun afternoon with ten sweet girls.  I love how even though Kenzie & Lexi are in different classes, all of the girls know one another from the playground or after school activities and all play so nicely together.  Merry, merry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment