HTML/JavaScript

Friday, August 21, 2015

What I did on my Summer Vacation


It has been a busy Summer to say the least.

We moved to Geneva on the first day of Summer and as I look back at pictures from the past 8 weeks, it is pretty amazing to see all that we have done since that day just two months ago.  On our one month anniversary of the move, Lexi said, "Oh, so we've got 2 more left?"  I realized that she was thinking that we were already 1/3 of the way through our supposed 3 year stay in Geneva.  When I told her that no, we had been here only one month, not one year, so we still had almost 3 full years to go, she said, "Oh, it seems like we've already been here for a year, cause we've done so much!"  So true, my baby girl!

Here is a recap of our Summer vacation in photos (thanks to Sara who was our resident photographer for the past 8 weeks.  Now that she is gone, I guess I will need to pull out my good camera again.  I have taken and shared tons of iPhone pics, but my Canon has been in hiding).  If the girls get asked what they did on their Summer vacation when they start school, I wonder what they will recount?

A day trip to Annecy, France on my birthday (after waiting at the immigration office for 4 hours).  One of our favorite spots from the last time we lived in Geneva and it did not disappoint.






A day exploring Yvoire, France - a beautiful medieval village on Lake Geneva.



A trip up to "The Top of Europe" (Mont Blanc aka "the snow mountain" by Kenzie & Lexi) in Chamonix, France.

A day of delicious cheese & beautiful views in Gruyere, Switzerland.



A long weekend introducing our girls and Sara to the magic of Paris, because Paris is always a good idea!





A last minute decision to drive to Provence to see the lavender fields in bloom.  Terrible traffic made for a much longer drive than anticipated, but happy to check this one off my bucket list ... and an added bonus was that we were able to catch Stage 15 of the Tour de France on the way home.








A week on Fehmarn, visiting my Dad and introducing Kenzie & Lexi to the German island where I spent my Summer's as a child.  It was so special to spend time with my Dad and to introduce the girls to uncles, aunts and cousins that they had never met before.







A week living La Dolce Vita in Italy!  We spent 4 adventurous* days in Cinque Terre, followed by 2 much needed days of relaxation in Forte dei Marmi.  











Quite a Summer!  Lots of wonderful memories!  Looking forward to staying put in Geneva for the last week before school starts - as Geneva is pretty spectacular in itself ...

* For those that follow me on Instagram or Facebook you will know that we had a terrifying incident when Lexi fell down a cliff & then the following day Kenzie got stung by a jelly fish.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and your adventures! Makes us miss Europe terribly! Best! The Coxes!!

    ReplyDelete