HTML/JavaScript

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Forever Weekend

 photo fam15- 38 of 64.jpg
Growing up with two working parents, our girls seem to live for the weekend.  They look forward to it more than Randall and I even do.  And in their world, nothing beats a 3 day weekend!

I took two weeks off over Christmas and New Year ... the girls called it a 16 day weekend.  Their Omi K, Aunt Inken, Uncle Andy and cousins Grady & Emmeline visited from California, we took them to their first Nutcracker ballet, they got to go to the Festival of Lights at the zoo and went snow tubing with their cousins.  Santa came and brought awesome presents.  We had several parties at our house with different groups of friends and they had treats galore.   In sum, they had a pretty fabulous Christmas break.  But when my mom (Omi K) asked them what their favorite part about their holiday break was, Lexi’s reply was, “getting to spend time with my Mom.”  This made my heart burst with joy and break into a million pieces simultaneously.  I love that my girls love spending time with me, but it hurts to think that they view it as something so precious that it trumps even Santa’s annual visit.  Lexi's simple statement was a huge factor in my decision to stop working in order to spend time with my girls.

Once I had made that decision and told the girls that I would be staying home with them after we moved to Geneva, Lexi exclaimed, "it will be a forever weekend!"  And so the countdown to the forever weekend started.  Now, almost two months into our forever weekend, I can say that I have no regrets.  I am cherishing every moment of our time together this Summer.  It has been quite an adventure and I am not sure I am ready for the girls to start kindergarten (Level 1 here in Geneva) in only 3 weeks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment